I was invited by my friend, Peggy Archer, to participate in a “blog hop interview.” Peggy sent me some interview questions, which I will answer here on my blog. Following my answers, I tagged 3 other writers who will, in turn, answer questions on their blogs next week. It’s been fun checking out the Blog Hops to see what other children’s authors have posted!
Peggy posted her answers to the questions last week. If you like, you can leave a comment on her blog and tell her that you connected to her through my link here!
Here are my answers to the questions that I chose from the list:
1. What are you working on right now? I’m working on a couple different projects. I am currently sending out a COMPLETED contemporary, light paranormal YA novel based on the curse on the Chicago Cubs. I am working on the final draft of a middle-grade contemporary humorous mystery, book one of a series, featuring a boy sleuth who is trying to find a watermelon seed spitting contest trophy at a family reunion. Finally, I have a few picture books I am trying to perfect!
2. What experiences have influenced you? I definitely know that having my daughter two 1/2 years ago has influenced my current writing. It is hard for me to write anything dark/edgy or long. I read to her so many picture books and princess stories that when the words come out of my brain, they are also light, often humorous, and short. I’m tired!
3. What would you like to try as a writer but you haven’t yet? I want to blog a book! I have an idea, and my critique group is actually talking about starting a blog/publication brand together, so this might actually happen in the near future. My idea is nonfiction and for adults.
4. What scares you? Bad book sales, events with no readers/buyers, and an e-mail inbox full of rejections. . .
- I have chosen Jadie Jones, author of Moonlit. She will blog hop next week on: http://jadiejones.blogspot.com/
- Second is Nancy Stewart, author of several books including Bella Saves the Beach. She will blog hop at: http://www.nancystewartbooks.blogspot.com/
- Third is Conny Manero, author of Debbie, a chapter book about a ferret. Her blog is “Under the Toronto Sun” (http://underthetorontosun.blogspot.ca/ ).