11 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Rachel Schieffelbein
    Rachel Schieffelbein January 28, 2013 at 9:33 am |

This book sounds wonderful. My eldest was in the NICU for a very brief period of time because of a birth deftect that they didn’t know much about. Other than that, she was very healthy and I really felt for the parents of the other children there. I can only imagine how difficult that would be and the roller coaster of emotions one would go through.

2. Teresa
    Teresa January 28, 2013 at 10:49 am |

What an amazing story! I can’t even imagine spending 7 months with my baby in the NICU, so I commend Sola and her husband for their strength and perserverance. I am so glad to hear it all turned out for the best, and I look forward to reading her book!

3. Donna Volkenannt
    Donna Volkenannt January 28, 2013 at 11:07 am |

I admire anyone who can write about a painful time in their life and share their story with others.
    It’s wonderful that everything turned out all right, and the name Angel is so fitting!
    Thanks for the interview, Margo and Sola.

4. Cathy C. Hall
    Cathy C. Hall January 28, 2013 at 3:53 pm |

Yes, I think writing through an experience like this can be healing and cathartic, but oh, what a toll it takes! Bless you both for sharing your journey–I’m sure there will be many women who will benefit from your story and be comforted as well.

5. Carole M. Di Tosti (@mercedeskat45)
    Carole M. Di Tosti (@mercedeskat45) January 28, 2013 at 11:09 pm |

Writing always helps me put things into perspective, but from a distance away. There are still events that happened a long while ago that I still find difficult to work through, but I’m trying. Writing helps me with such things. Glad to see you were helped by writing about what happened. Healing comes more easily, I think, then.

6. CPSCZI
    CPSCZI January 29, 2013 at 10:26 am |

I was the preemie in the ICU but things were way different 56 years ago! My mom was critical, too, so I don’t know much about the “other side” of the story except what my dad has talked about over the years. This will be very interesting reading! Thanks for the writing tips!

7. Sola Olu
    Sola Olu January 29, 2013 at 12:53 pm |

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving your comments. You are right, writing about a traumatic experience can be tough…but with time it does get better.

Carole you’re spot on in saying “from a distance away”. It took me 8 years with a lot of pauses to write “Summer” and sometimes I still did have tears in my eyes:)

Thanks for sharing your own experiences here too. I’m glad to hear all the preemies are thriving.

Thanks so much for all your comments:)

8. Margo Dill
    Margo Dill January 30, 2013 at 1:12 am |

@CPSCZI (Diane) THANK GOODNESS–you were feisty!

9. Margo Dill
    Margo Dill February 5, 2013 at 10:03 pm |

Teresa–you are the winner of the book! I’ll be contacting you by email. Thanks for leaving a comment.