On Wednesdays, I am going to start blogging again, and this time it is going to concern my book that should be in my hands by OCTOBER 3! (Imagine great cheers and celebration going on!) The book is titled Finding My Place: One Girl’s Strength At Vicksburg and is set during the Siege of Vicksburg in the United States Civil War. The main character is 13-year-old Anna Green, who learns how to “find her place” in more than one way during this time. It is historical fiction for middle-grade readers–appropriate mostly for fourth to sixth graders. I have a description on my page here.
So, what are the Wednesday posts going to do?
- Show teachers and parents how to use Finding My Place with students, including addressing things like the Common Core State Standards and Six plus One Traits of Writing
- Provide a short excerpt of the book for your reading pleasure
- Create complete lesson plans you can use in the classroom or with home school students
- Compare and contrast my novel with other historical fiction books or middle-grade books
- List comprehension questions/vocabulary words
- Post photos of school visits and/or work by/from students with parents’ permission
- Hold contests for readers to win their own copy of Finding My Place
And more. . .
So, stay tuned. I am so excited that my publisher wrote and said the books will be in the warehouse by the end of next week and should be in my hands by October 3. Stay tuned for a photo of that!
Thanks for your support!