Turn Your Love of Books Into a Writing Career
June 27, 2011 in Book Club Possibility, Elementary Educators, Helping Girls and Women Around the World, High School Teachers, Middle School Teachers, Preschool to 1st grade teachers, Writing Skills Tags: WOW! classes, WOW! Women On Writing
Many of you who read this blog may also be writers or aspiring children’s authors. Some of you may be interested in taking some online writing courses to learn an aspect of the writing business you didn’t know before. WOW! Women On Writing offers several online workshops in a variety of subjects from finding an agent to writing picture books and screenplays! You can check out all the listings here on the classroom page.
I am teaching five classes for WOW! Here’s the information:
- July 25: Writing the Middle-Grade Novel http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/WOWclasses.html#MargoDill_WritingMiddleGradeNovel
This class is perfect for people who have an idea for a middle-grade novel and want some direction OR for people just starting out with a novel idea and need some motivation.
- July 27: WRITING FOR CHILDREN: Everything You Need to Know About Short Stories, Articles, and Fillers http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/WOWclasses.html#MargoDill_WritingForChildren
This class is for anyone who is interested in writing for children’s magazines, e-zines, or anthologies. By the end of the class, you will have 3 pieces ready to send to magazines.
- August 19: FREELANCE WRITING: Querying and Writing Non-Fiction Articles **This is my new class! http://www.wow-womenonwriting.com/WOWclasses.html#MargoDill_FreelanceWriting
If you want to make some money writing articles for publication, then this is the class for you. We will go through finding ideas to querying magazines to writing the articles.
- August 30: BLOGGING 101 AND MORE: Start a Blog, Make it Unique, and Keep it Going
This is the perfect class for someone who wants to start blogging or someone who has started and needs some oompf added to her/his blog. I’ve had students who knew nothing to students who had been blogging for years but had become uninspired.
- September 14: SOCIAL NETWORKING FOR WRITERS: TWITTER, FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN AND MORE!
If you want to learn how to use the 3 social networking giants for marketing purposes and to get more exposure for you as a writer, then this class is for you.
Also if you are looking for some inspiration for your writing this summer instead of a class, I highly recommend this book, which I just love and look at from time to time: The Literary Ladies Guide to the Writing Life by Nava Atlas. There’s more information about this book at this post on my blog.